Testers Hardware...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:08:39 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 09:53:15 Andrew Farris wrote:
> - Would developers find it beneficial to seek out people in the testing
> pool who have specific hardware configurations if the tool and data were
> there to find them?

Quite often a bug is reported on specific hardware, and the developer to whom
it is assigned can't reproduce it on his system.  I would think that it would
save a good deal of time and effort if he could find others with the same
hardware as the reporter, and ask them to comment.

My £0.02-worth :-)

Anne