F9-Beta install from local harddisk - broken?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 20:39:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 21:41 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> What you call "trying to use F8's grub to load F9" is simple file-based
> chainloading in the GRUB shell. There's nothing forbidden in there,
> it's just that F8 GRUB doesn't understand F9's fs structure.
>

> It's likely that in the near future, I'll be nice again. Today, no
> new bug #s, because I've had enough bugzilla triage spam for stuff
> nobody cared to look at.
>

> But I plan to clone #440343 because it also affects F9 and has a
> high probability that it will still be open next year.

Ah, the "My pet bug(s) didn't get looked at, so I'm giving up" syndrome.
I hope somebody else runs into your problem and files the bug so that
the maintainer and/or upstream realize that there is a problem and work
out a fix.

As for 440343 that smells quite a lot like an upstream KDE bug, not a
kernel bug.

--
Jesse Keating