F9 Beta install

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:57:53 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 21:21:09 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >> Just a side note, If you prefer KDE, you might want to try the KDE Live
> >> CD going forward. It has defaults and package selection tuned to fit
> >> that desktop environment better.
> >
> > I've been playing with the Live CD for the last week or more, but didn't
> > realise that it was possible to take that into the full system.
>
> Didn't you see a "install to hard disk"  icon on the desktop?

Yes.  I did actually install it on my old laptop, but since the PCMCIA network
card was not usable I gave up on that.  I considered installing it on the
system I'm now using for the beta, but was under the impression that it could
not be upgraded to the whole system, so I decided against it.

I left the updates running when I left the system, an hour ago.  I'm going out
now to shut it down.  I'm hoping that when I log in, in the morning, I'll be
able to find out how to get to kde.

Anne

Anne