An internal system error has occured

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:13:25 UTC 2008

Alan wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:42:45 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>
>>> -----
>>> An internal system error has occured
>>>
>>> Do not show this notification again
>>> -----
>>>
>>> Is what I see on the F9 Desktop in the bottom right corner.
>>> Looks like PackageKit, whose icon appeared a short time before
>>> that.
>> This is likely related to NetworkManager messing up the network
>> connection. In Anaconda, I asked for eth0 to be brought up via
>> DHCP. This choice is ignored. Both eth0 and eth1 are brought up
>> also with zeroconf values in a very stubborn way, and I need to
>> ifdown/ifup eth0 manually before DNS and network access work.

I see that error as well, and it happens any time there is no network connection
at all, even when NM is not controlling them.  I've been using legacy network
configuration and it also shows up there.

> This also shows up if something else has yum locked at the time.  If I am
> doing updates via yumex before packagekit wakes up, it will crap out with
> this message.  (I use yumex because I can apply the updates in smaller
> chunks.  When you have a crappy wireless connection and 500+megs of
> updates, breaking then up helps.)

I agree breaking them up helps, but you can test this with PK too.  When you
review updates you can uncheck the boxes on the left, leaving just those to not
get updated.  Unfortunately, its slow to uncheck a few hundred of them.

It would really help to have an uncheck all option, or a 'none' button.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used