flicker/refresh when "slide show" background selected (e.g. "Waves")

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 01:29:09 UTC 2008

Tom London wrote:
> Running latest Rawhide, intel graphics/compiz, if I select a screen
> background that is a "slideshow" (instead of a PNG, e.g.), the screen
> appears to flicker intermittently (say, 1-3 times per minute).

Is that how often is supposed to be changing?

> I was trying out the new "Waves" background when I noticed this, but
> it happens with other "slideshow" backgrounds. Goes away if I reselect
> a PNG background (e.,g., "Default" - looks like Infinity).
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't used compiz since moving to F9 (nvidia hardware) but the last time I
tried that setting it caused serious load on the machine, I somewhat doubt the
intel hardware is going to handle that nicely.  Did you use that before without
this issue?

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used