F9 and selinux

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Sat Apr 5 11:53:50 UTC 2008

On Saturday 05 April 2008 12:07:11 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I gave up on the beta install as I couldn't get anything working at all.
> My network settings wouldn't stick, and despite the fact that
> system-config-keyboard showed that I was on a UK keyboard, I was still
> getting US configuration.  Every attempt to change it resulted in an AVC.
> Every attempt to run the required selinux restorcon commands resulted in a
> failure, saying that the file or directory did not exist.

service NetworkManager stop
service NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
chkconfig NetworkManager off
chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher  off

edit resolv.conf put in your nameservers

service network stop
service network start

And if you really want to be sure rpm -e NetworkManager\*   ;-)

NetworkManager does not work with static Ip addresses yet!!!!!

Tony