F9 and selinux

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Sat Apr 5 12:38:12 UTC 2008

Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Saturday 05 April 2008 12:07:11 Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> I gave up on the beta install as I couldn't get anything working at all.
>> My network settings wouldn't stick, and despite the fact that
>> system-config-keyboard showed that I was on a UK keyboard, I was still
>> getting US configuration.  Every attempt to change it resulted in an AVC.
>> Every attempt to run the required selinux restorcon commands resulted in a
>> failure, saying that the file or directory did not exist.
>>

> The keyboard problem I haven't sorted out yet and it's really annoying having
> to look at the keys all the time. It seems to ignore i18n.

You can just add an "keyboard" entry to xorg.conf for now
(  xorg.conf is slowly being deprecated )
and that should solve the problem..

>> I installed the kde live CD, only to find that I have the same problems.  I
>> can't remember the command to relabel everything, but it seems to me that
>> that's the best bet.  Can someone please prompt me?
>>

> fixfiles relable
>
> But that won't sort out anything. Been there done that.
>
> Otherwise it looks like a good distribution ;-(
> Tony
>
>> Anne

I think it's better that you set selinux in permissive mode..
( take a look at /etc/selinux/config )
and file a bug to each "report" you receive or compile a list, post it
here and with selinux errors as a subject.

We need to clean those selinux reports out for final..

Best regards
                     Johann B.