Exiting urxvt freezes system

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:09:07 UTC 2008

Scott Robbins wrote:
> /var/log/messages shows kernel: X[2109]: segfault at 0 ip 0812fdf2
> spbf94c03c error 4 in Xorg[8048000+1ae000].
>
> I don't know if it's worth troubleshooting, as this particular laptop
> seems to constantly have issues that no one else ever has, but thought
> I'd ask if anyone else has seen anything similar.  It's version
> rxvt-unicode-9.02-2.fc9.i386.

I don't usually use urxvt but I tried it and I cannot reproduce that error on
either my vmware x86_64 or physical i686 machines.

Can you try installing kernel-debuginfo, then tail -F /var/log/messages while
you try to reproduce and and see if you get something more interesting?
Probably is worth reporting if you can get more detail.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used