VMWare Fusion VM lockups...

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:12:16 UTC 2008

I have been experiencing virtual machine lockups for the last week or so in
Rawhide, using a variety of kernels, but I was waiting for some confirmation
that it was not my already created/installed VMs.

Both of the 20080404 snapshot Live CDs, for x86_64 and i686, are locking up
within several minutes of starting.  They seem to work nicely until they lock,
smoothly booting, starting X, and auto logging in.  The lockup timing is random,
I get to use applications for several minutes on some tries.

This is VMware Fusion 1.1.1 on a Macbook core 2 duo (black).  Smolt profile is:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_4e187f88-0f91-48a1-9a44-373091d6cc3a

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Fusion lately?

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used