Exiting urxvt freezes system

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 01:49:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 06:04:05PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:

> >Andrew suggested installing kernel-debuginfo.  Oddly enough, there
> >doesn't seem to be a kernel-debuginfo package available--doing a yum search
> >for kernel and debug, I still couldn't find it.  What am I
> >missing?
>
> yum --enablerepo=rawhide-debuginfo install kernel-debuginfo
> or if you have yum-utils: debuginfo-install kernel

Ah, I figured it was something simple.  Thank you.

> >Running -F on /var/log/messages only showed the same information as
> >given above, that  kernel: X[2109] segfault message.

Once again, I only get a repeat of that segfault message.  I'll run
memtest in the next day or so, right now I have to make use of the
laptop for a few things.

Thank you.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Willow, tell 'em what I did.
Willow: You said you were gonna kill me, then Buffy.
Spike: Yes, bad, but let's skip that part and get to
the part where I couldn't bite you.