64 Rawhide install floods network

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Apr 6 20:07:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 14:30 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 08:58 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > What would the text install get me?  If accept default bits, will it
> > install as you had via GUI, and then hopefully X would work as normal
> > once installed?  The X problem is just via anaconda but not after
> > correct?
>
> That is correct.  Installing text may default you to a non graphical
> default run level, but you'll be able to change that.

And that is what happened.  Is inittab the only place to change run
levels at?  I didn't see anything in /etc/events.d/ to do it, or at
least didn't recognize anything.  Seems firstboot had some problems
initially but I got through it with some hand holding.

Anyway, after some initial configurations, got it up and running pretty
decent so far.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org