rawhide report: 20080406 changes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Apr 6 21:13:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 04:32:52PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 12:41 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > I am not sure but this may be even deliberate.
> > Is libflashsupport.x86_64 used only by flash-plugin.i386 from
> > Adobe?  If yes that this would even made sense.
>
> I'm going to talk to warren tomorrow and try
> to get this fixed so that we're not forcing i386 packages onto people
> who really don't need/want them on their x86_64 systems.

If libflashsupport.x86_64 is only needed by flash-plugin.i386, and
not by (say) swfdec.x86_64, then ensuring that all required support
is installed sounds like a good idea.  OTOH I would think that a
requirement in nspluginwrapper.x86_64 which pulls in
nspluginwrapper.i386, and indirectly all other i?86 libraries needed
with it, would be quite a bit more clear and in a better place.

   Michal