desktop update failure (F9beta)

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:58:49 UTC 2008

Joe Smith wrote:
> My F9b Gnome desktop showed updates available, so I looked 'em over and
> turned it loose. I could see it download all the packages, but shortly
> after the transaction check, an error window (I guess--I saw something
> red on it) flashed very briefly, and then another dialog appeared saying
> that the updates were "finished" with no hint of any problem.
>
> The panel notifier still showed 34 updates pending.

I saw this issue with PackageKit prior to version 0.1.10, which you probably did
not have yet if you were updating from a fresh beta install.  If you have PK
newer than 0.1.10 now then try updating with it next time and see if it can
complete the transaction.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used