Removable drives under kde

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:31:36 UTC 2008

On Sunday 06 April 2008 18:20, José Matos wrote:
> On Sunday 06 April 2008 15:55:26 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > hal no longer puts desktop icons for mounted drives (is this a
> > configuration problem or a system one?), and there is no obvious way of
> > umounting from the gui.  Is this so?  Intentional?  Something I need to
> > configure?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Using dolphin on the left border you have the list of devices, and with the
> right button there is the option eject. It works for me.

I never thought of looking there!  Thanks.  I have to say I'm finding it quite
hard to find some configuration methods.  The taskbar, for instance.  I used
to be able to move things on the taskbar to positions that better suited my
workflow.  Have you discovered how to do that?

It's said that people complained about how many configurations were on every
screen in kcontrol, but I find having a 'control' that consists of just two
entries very frustrating.

Anne