desktop update failure (F9beta)

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Mon Apr 7 18:36:43 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
>> pk-update-viewer --verbose
>
> Per Rahul's reminder about the name change to gpk-log... this one
> changed too, its now gpk-update-viewer.

Ok, I see now. Sorry, It's new and I'm in too big of a hurry.

 From the panel icon, I can "Show Updates" and on that, there's a "View
History" button.

The update history has a summary of transaction groups, and in my case,
all of them have the generic "fail" icon (red circle-minus).

I can click on one of the group summaries and get a list of packages
involved, but no more detailed status on the outcome.

All told, maybe that's ok. If I was paying more attention, at least I'd
see that it was telling me something was wrong. There's not enough
information to see /what/ was wrong, but it's a top-level tool after all.

Thanks for having a look, and for being patient with my grumbling.

<Joe