Rawhide kernel kernel-2.6.25-0.200.rc8.git3.fc9.i686 fails to boot - FOUND REASON

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:54:28 UTC 2008

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Working on my i686 machine, so your problem is specific to your hardware or
> > config.  Did you try the .201 today yet?

OK I tried .201 and also pulled .204 from koji - all these won't boot but
I have discovered where all these kernels hang.

By clicking to show details during the graphical boot these kernels all
hang starting wpa_supplicant - I have a usb wireless adapter using the
rt73usb module. Up to kernel .185 the system boots fine with this adapter
plugged in. All kernels after that hang at wpa_supplicant set to start
as a daemon service.

By booting without the usb wireless adapter plugged in the boot continues
normally (but with no wireless networking)