Rawhide kernel kernel-2.6.25-0.200.rc8.git3.fc9.i686 fails to boot - FOUND REASON

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:17:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Mike <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I do need to run wpa_supplicant during boot - as I have systems where the user
>  does not want to know about using NetworkManager and just wants to fire up the
>  system and have the network running without intervention - and I want to be able
>  to access the system even before the user logs in - I believe that NM only
>  starts once a user logs in to the desktop.

Can't you fiddle with running nm-applet as user gdm from the gdm login
screen... just as gnome-power-manager is being run currently by
default?

I suspect that this is the long term direction...generally...but you
might be able to get a glimpse of the future by enabling it for the
gdm user on the systems running f9beta.

-jef"The future Conan?"spaleta