Gnome window manager configurability

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 20:27:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Ray Strode <rstrode at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I don't think it's exposed in the UI anywhere, but if you open up
>  gconf-editor and navigate to /apps/metacity/general then click on
>  action_right_click_titlebar and change the word there from "menu" to
>  "lower", then it will lower on right click.  I don't think there's a
>  corresponding way to affect raise.

Thanks for the reply (and Ignacio, as well).  raise/lower would be
ideal, but lower is at least halfway there!  I prefer tons of ways to
configure things (yes, so what if I want to make it work like ctwm!)
and is why I've been wary of gnome, but it is pretty nice.

By the way, is it possible to use something other than metacity for
the window manager?  Might something else be more to my tastes?  Or
are gnome and metacity too intertwined?

Thanks again,
reid