X11 failure ?

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 01:51:19 UTC 2008

--- Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Andrew.  I will try to gather the info
you suggested. To add a few comments:

( I think the problem started with a received update,
so perhaps there
will be more inputs that has to do with the server )

You asked:
> Did that work before this crashing (4) started
> happening?

No, Miro, Totem, and everything with video, has never
worked,
but they didn't freeze up the computer.

>  Does it work before you run a video app and crash
X?

Yes.

I tried several things as mentioned in
"Bugzilla Bug 439858: swf mozilla plugin - no youtube"

- but nothing worked.

( well, a lot is over my head. A script that would
gather installed
packages, sort of tag & explain some notes of packages
that break the
policy of patent-free stuff, would be nice to have. As
well as non-fedora
stuff. Sometimes I have wished to clean up such stuff.
Always a problem when
you include some packages that isn't from Fedora, and
could possible cause some
problems. A fresh install isn't always something you
like to do with a system
in which you have collected work - just an idea that
sprang to mind )

Your later comment about changing runlevel was a good
idea, I'll try that.

( the pain with it all, is all the time things take ;)

//ARNE