yum/rpm failing with pre or post script errors + sshd

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 9 09:07:45 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble on only one of two test machines.
>>
>> when I yum update, I see a lot of:
>>    Updating : at-spi
>> error: %post(at-spi...) scriptlet failed, exit status 255.
>
> Bugzilla please (against at-spi).  pkg scriplet's should never fail.
Actually every package generates these same errors. I don't think we
really want 500 bugzilla items. I don't really want to update at the
moment because it just causes more failed rpm transactions.

Any ideas for what the underlying cause might be ?

Actually, attempting to start sshd on that machine also fails:
# service sshd start
Starting sshd: /usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries:
libwrap.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   [FAILED]

# sshd
sshd re-exec requires execution with an absolute path

Think it is related ?

DaveT.