devel repository URL

gjohnson5 tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 12:47:53 UTC 2008

I was using the boot.iso image created from the nightly rawhide syncs to
update my rawhide installation and I am getting a warning message when using
the URL method

YumRepo Warnig:  not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping

Then the error message lists the i386, ppc , ppc64 and x86_64 directories.

If this is the case , It appears that any network install is just broken.
The latest dvd images at torrent.fedoraproject.org seem to kernel panic (at
least on my laptop) so I haven't any the other images

So I am just wondering what the status of this is and if there is some
documentation that I have yet to read on this subject.  But installations in
this manner appear to be broken