How to reach other samba servers?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 12 03:21:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 02:51:33AM +0000, Arden Wiebe wrote:

> I see that there is some type of interface in Dolphin to specify windows shares.
> I'm not sure if it is working properly or if I'm not giving it the right data.
> My smb.conf is good and the service is running.
> Is there some type of firewall blocking packets perhaps?

I have a page on some common samba problems in Fedora.

It's very much aimed at the beginner, as the same questions constantly
pop up on Fedora forums, but it also has a very useful link to the
samba troubleshooting document.

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/rhsamba.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I'm gonna give you all a nice, fun, normal evening if I
have to kill every person on the face of the Earth to do it.