nv driver

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 10:53:57 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> With latest driver
> xorg-x11-drv-nv 2.1.8-1.fc9
>
> when I try to change resolution of screen by system-config-display something
> goes wrong...
>
> 1) when I start system-config-display, system-config-display is very slow,
> and it says that I have a resolution of 800x600 (that is not true..), and it
> stops any application for a while. and I get the system-config-display
> screen on a black screen

I don't see this slowness or black screen with nv.  Also s-c-d properly detects
my current resolution at 1280x1024 and my monitor/graphics card as well.

> 2) if I change to 800x600 and I re-login I get an ugly screen with rounded
> small window..

Run it in a terminal and see if you get any output that suggests where the blame
should be -- its not clear which is causing the problem.  The slowness and
resolution detection being wrong is probably s-c-d, but resulting in a black
screen and screwy UI sounds like something with nv/X.  I'd file it against s-c-d
probably since thats what triggers the problem anyway.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29