nv driver

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:39:04 UTC 2008

2008/4/12, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:

> Antonio M wrote:
>
>  latest updates are a mess..

>  Now I can't start an application clicking on icons on a panel!!! it I
> > > click on Firefor icon I see a cross!!!. and right button is crazy on
> > > applications!!! for example by right button on gmail I should see  a
> > > kind of
> > > dictionary, now nothing happens.
> > >

>  menus on thunderbird are not working, i.e File, Modify, View, Cronology,
> > etc, etc....
> >

> Find out what you changed... revert it, see if it goes away.  I see none
> of these issues at all.  That does not mean they don't exist, but it does
> mean the packages are not universally broken.  It means your issues are more
> likely to be complex, not simple.  Use /var/log/yum.log or gpk-log and undo
> things until they behave.
>
> --
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
>  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300
> BF29
>
> --

1) I reverted to xorg-x11-drv-keyboard 1.3.0-2.fc9 and menus areworking
again: I don't have same problem on another system with intel graphic driver

2) I find that many applications with root privilege don't work as user even
if you give the root password, but are o.k as root (yumex but also system
monitor): what is resposnible??? (this happens on all my systems...
-
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag