xrandr error on wide screen .. how to correct now?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 12:19:46 UTC 2008

Experimenting xrandr features in rawhide via new screen resolution page, I
was able to resize and rotate the screen.
Then, stupidly, I tried to left rotate a wide screen with the effect that
the monitor went stdby..... ;-(
Rebooting and going to gdm and connecting with another user I get normal
screen, while using this user, after authentication in gdm, I continue
getting stdby monitor.
Anyone knows where this user based setting is stored so that I can eliminate
it?
Tried with xrandr with various parameters by a console session but I
(probably obviously) get the "can't open display" message .....
Thanks,
Gianluca