Konsole problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 13 13:46:28 UTC 2008

In theory it is possible to set up a profile for a root konsole, with the
command either 'su - /bin/bash' or 'sudo /bin/bash'.  In practice neither
works.  With the first example The root profile flickers up and immediately
dies, without asking for the password.  The second case asks for password,
but refuses both user and root passwords.  My choice is to get the first
working, but at the moment neither are any use.

sudoers is set to allow members of the wheel group access to ALL but with
password, and I've checked that I'm in that group.

I can't think what else could be blocking this.  Any ideas?

Anne