Does rawhide read floppy drives?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 16:34:29 UTC 2008

--- Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 14 April 2008 16:28, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > --- Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > > The rawhide box is the only one I have left with
> > > floppy drive, used when old
> > > disks require cleansing for disposal.  It
> doesn't
> > > appear to be being read in
> > > rawhide.  Should it work?  If so, what should I
> > > check?
> > >
> > Yes, floppies should work
> >
> > Try gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0
> > like
> > [olivares at localhost ~]$ gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0
> >
> > If there is something wrong it will let you know,
> >
> > cannot determine filesystem... or something like
> that.
> >
> Right.  No error, and 'PC floppy' is now  listed in
> dolphin.  However, I can't
> read it as user.  No big deal, since I want to clean
> the disks, but what
> command would give me a user mount?
>
> HAL used to automount these drives.  Doesn't that
> work at present?
>
> Anne
>
> --

The one posted should

gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0

[olivares at localhost ~]$ gnome-mount --help
Usage:
  gnome-mount [OPTION...] - GNOME mount

Help Options:
  -?, --help                Show help options
  --help-all                Show all help options
  --help-gtk                Show GTK+ Options

Application Options:
  -v, --verbose             Verbose operation
  -n, --no-ui               Don't show any dialogs
  -b, --block               Allow gnome-mount to block
for UI
  -u, --unmount             Unmount
  --connect-crypto          Setup crypto device
  --disconnect-crypto       Tear down crypto device
  -e, --eject               Eject
  -h, --hal-udi             Mount by HAL UDI
  -d, --device              Mount by device file
  -p, --pseudonym           Mount by one of device's
nicknames: mountpoint, label, with or without
directory prefix
  -t, --text                Text-based operation
  -m, --mount-point         Specify mount point
  -o, --mount-options       Specify mount options
  --extra-mount-options     Specify extra mount
options
  -f, --fstype              Specify file system type
  --write-settings          Don't mount; write given
settings for volume/drive
  --display-settings        Don't mount; display
settings for volume/drive
  --erase-settings          Don't mount; erase
settings for volume/drive
  --display=DISPLAY         X display to use

[olivares at localhost ~]$

HTH,

Antonio