VirtualBox on F9

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 23:53:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 06:31:45PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in installing VirtualBox on F9 Beta?  If so, a
> short description of how to accomplish that would be appreciated.

It was fairly trivial. I don't remember the exact details, I think I
downloaded that script, typed sh whatever it's called--it stopped in the
middle complaining about some library or another, I did yum install that
library, yum installed something similar and then it built.

Then, I did useradd -G vboxusers -a scottro and I was ready to rock and
roll.

I always install make, gcc gcc-c++, kernel-devel and all that good
stuff.

I might have tried doing it from the fedora8 rpm, but if I remember
correctly, it didn't work.

If you post what sort of problem you had, I might be able to give you
a better answer.

If the question is simply, can it be done, the answer is definitely yes,
though I don't think the rpm they have right now works.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: I laugh in the face of danger.  Then I hide until it
goes away