Extra Extra read all about it - Preupgrade released....

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 23:59:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 05:45:06PM -0600, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>

> >And the fourth :) .. Or the first RFE :) ..
> >
> >Missing the option to run it from the cli.
> >Something like  preupgrade -r or --repo ( repo ) -s or --silent or -v or
> >--verbose, -b --reboot ( reboot when done ) etc..

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, or even read up on it.  It only
runs as a GUI?   That's a deal breaker for me right there.

Meaning no denigration to all those who work so hard to bring us a nice
operating system, if Fedora is in many ways a testing ground for RH,
which is more of a server O/S, I don't know too many sysadmins who are
going to rely on a GUI only tool for upgrading a bunch of headless
servers.

Sigh, back in the old days, when we walked 5 miles through snow--uphill
both ways of course....

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: When did you become Martha Stewart?
Buffy: First of all, Martha Stewart knows jack about hand-cut
prosciutto.
Xander: I don't believe she slays, either.
Oz: Oh, I hear she can, but she doesn't like to.