VirtualBox on F9

Dejan Čabrilo dcabrilo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:33:23 UTC 2008

> Has anyone succeeded in installing VirtualBox on F9 Beta?  If so, a
> short description of how to accomplish that would be appreciated.

I used F8 rpm from VirtualBox. It complained about
missing /lib/libcrypto.so.6, so I created a symlink (I was hoping to
find a -compat package or something like that, but no luck).

ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.8g /lib/libcrypto.so.6

Since, rpm still complained about the missing file, I installed
VirtualBox with:

rpm -ivh --nodeps VirtualBox-1.5.6_28266_fedora8-1.i586.rpm

Works perfectly well now on the latest rawhide (i.e. F9 Beta).

Dejan

P.S. Sorry for simulating the reply and if the message breaks the
thread. I just subscribed to the list and saw your message in the
archive.