Anaconda fails to detect disks

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:53:02 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> What can I try to fix this problem, and if there's not something I can
> do, what can I do to provide information that will help fix this bug
> (assuming it is a bug)? I've had a quick look through bugzilla but
> didn't spot anything useful...

If you have any running version of linux, file a bug against 'kernel' in
bugzilla, and then attach the output of 'dmesg' to that bug report immediately
after you login to linux.  This will provide the necessary info about your
hardware so that one of the kernel devs can look into why F9 cannot find your disks.

If you don't have any other distro/version running right now, then boot
boot.iso, get it booted (to where the graphical anaconda windows start).  Then
press ctrl-alt-F2, at this prompt you can mount a flash drive, and copy the
output of 'dmesg' from there which should be helpful.  Even if you can get dmesg
from another install, this would help to have a works/fails comparison.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29