Does rawhide read floppy drives?

John Cavallo johnc0102 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 16 15:20:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 10:52:54 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 14 April 2008 06:52:36 pm John Cavallo wrote:
> > On Monday 14 April 2008 1:05:25 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I read the disk when I launched konqueror from a root console, but I
> > > couldn't read it as user.  I'll experiment with some of those settings,
> > > and see what I can learn.  Thanks
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > I don't have a way of testing this on my box, but try
> >
> > 	gnome-mount -o uid=anne,pid=anne -d /dev/fd0
>
> Only just got around to testing this.  I get 'option uid is malformed'!
> I've tried it with username and with uid number.
>
> Did you mean pid, or gid?  Again, I've tried both.
>
> Anne

I did mean gid, thanks for catching it. I was hoping that gnome-mount would
pass the options along to, or use the same options as, mount. I guess it
doesn't work that way.

Both of the following commands work with a flash drive:

mount -o uid=500,gid=500 /dev/sdg1 /media/disk
mount -o uid=cavallo,gid=cavallo /dev/sdg1 /mnt/a/

of course neither is what you want.