A question about freenx

mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 20:50:32 UTC 2008

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc <at> avtechpulse.com> writes:

> Yes, nx does that by default. You don't need anybody to be logged in
> locally.

Excellent - I presume that if you then make a connection to X from the remote
machine that if the local user logs in then the remote user will shadow and also
control the local user's screen - just like the vnc module allows?

If it starts a second X session not related to the local user's screen then that
is a different use of course but I wanted to be clear about what freenx really
does do.

> When nx works, it is much, much better than vnc.

I guess that once the fedora packages are debugged and made operational for
release that it will work well. Maintainers usually work very hard to fix
packages they are responsible for.