Schrodinger's System Monitor

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Fri Apr 18 08:28:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> Hello,
>

> One of them is the system monitor performance. Firstly, it looks like
> the default refresh rate of 1 second is not being followed. It is
> actually something along the lines of 1/5th of that. Which makes for
> Does anyone else see this?

Yes, I think everybody who run gnome-system-monitor has to see that the
refresh rate does not correspond. Drawing this chart in full screen costs
a lot of cpu time. The question is wherether this is due to graphics
driver o the nature of the application. Nevertheles, this is probably
gnome "feature"=bug.

> /Mike

Adam Pribyl