Every 71 seconds my desktop winks at me

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Apr 18 21:19:45 UTC 2008

Michael Wiktowy wrote:

It _likes_ you, Michael!

> More discovering of Fedora 9 Preview's quirks.
>
> I enabled Desktop Effects and things work well ... except ... like I
> mentioned in the subject, exactly every 71 seconds, all my windows and
> toolbars (everything except for the background image), disappears for
> a split second and then comes back. It gets kind of annoying after a
> while.

I was reading through the release blockers yesterday. It is surprising,
really astonishing, how many bugs there are where something happens
every few seconds, or some number of times per second.

I'm sure the bug squad would appreciate help from any seeking to enhance
their skills.

_help_, if you want to learn to help just hold off until f9 is out the
door, then join in. This is not a good time to take on an apprentice.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait