FC9 xorg.conf

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:51:23 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:

> If we're getting these wrong by automatic detection, have ou filed a bug
> to get that fixed?

Sometimes it might not be a question of being wrong but a personal preference.
For example I like a certain speed of the cursor across my laptop screen when
sliding my finger across the touchpad - but that speed may not suit everyone
so I would guess that would still need to be configurable - I do that in
xorg.conf (maybe there is a kde config for it somewhere, but also I would like
to be able to set it when the dkm login screen is there before I log in so that
the movement speed is always what I want - even if I switched desktops.

For someone with unsteady hands this parameter would be preferred set for a
slower screen transit.