FC9 xorg.conf

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Apr 21 19:29:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:13:28AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:54 -0400, Jim wrote:
> > Woiuld someone PLEASE!!  send me a copy of your FC9 xorg.conf, It didn't
> > setup my mouse in xorg.conf.
> > I prefer to have a xorg.conf that is on a LAPTOP.
> >
> > I ran a FC9-live and it does not produce a  /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Jim
>
> I'm curious as to why you need one?  We're working ever toward not
> needing xorg config files.

For one, how about non-clone-mode XRandR?  You need to set the maximum
concatenated desktop size you expect to have with the "Virtual" option
in xorg.conf.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Virtual 3200 1600
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

What are the plans to make this work automatically without requiring
an xorg.conf?