Fc9 won't start X

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 21 23:49:07 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> During booting in FC9-Preview,  "X" won't start, it stops at the
>> Shell   login:  and I login as user  and  "startx" and then it goes
>> into  X and  Desktop.
>
> Did you someone get booted into runlevel 3?  If you try 'telinit 5' at
> the prompt what do you get?  Try starting GDM manually with 'gdm &'
> and see what happens then.
>
>> How do I get bluetooth mouse to work USB bluetooth dongle is
>> flashing, and led on mouse is flashing, but mouse won't move cursor
>
> You probably need to configure that mouse, I assume its an evdev mouse
> (logitech or microsoft wireless)?  My Apple MightyMouse 'just works'
> but I haven't tried plugging in my Logitech MX revolution yet (that
> one does work with evdev configuration, but maybe not without any
> xorg.conf editing, I dont' know yet).

"Did you someone get booted into runlevel 3?  If you try 'telinit 5' at
the prompt what do you get?"

Yes stuck in runlevel 3.
If  I telinit 5 or kdm (Using KDE) I can go to the login window and on
in to KDE Desktop, What isn't configured right ?

As for the Bluetooth mouse , it''s a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser,
How would i configure that ?
I did as SU a hidd --search and it connected and worked until I rebooted.

Thanks for your help
Jim