f9 prerelease crash (update sw raid)

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:31:08 UTC 2008

I tried f9 prerelease.  Chose update on my sw raid (/dev/md0).

anaconda crashes.  Crash as soon as I choose 'update'.

I can't save the crash trace over a network.  All it says is there was
an 'error trying to save' (or something like that).  This is the dialog
that appears.  Surprisingly, switching VT, I still don't see any useful
messages.

Switching to bash shell, I ran ifconfig and sure enough, there are no
interfaces configured.  Well, that explains it.  Better error messages
needed here.

As for the crash, I manually wrote down the trace.  First and last lines:

/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py line 2366
AttributeError: str object has no attribute getDevice.