No sound in FC9-Preview

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 22 22:39:01 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Antonio M wrote:
>>

>> 2008/4/22 Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
>> <mailto:mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>>:
>>
>>     Checked kmixer , sound and PCM is up, all the way.
>>     Alsamixer has sound up, but doesn't show a PCM adj.
>>     The  Snd_hda_intel driver is running for the chipset in this laptop.
>>     lsmod also shows all kinds of snd modules loaded.
>>     Can't play music on hard drive.
>>
>>     --     fedora-test-list mailing list
>>     fedora-test-list at redhat.com <mailto:fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>>     To unsubscribe:
>>

>> I guess that some option has to be added to modprobe.conf
>> configuration line for sound.
>> Can you post modprobe.conf file and tell the brand of laptop???
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Montagnani
>> Skype : antoniomontag
> Note the should not be any "sound" lines in modprobe.conf

Oh ! I forgot to say , that the Laptop is a Everex CloudBook
(Mini-Laptop) it's using the  Via High Definition Audio Controller, uses
the snd_hda_intel driver. This Laptop is all Via chipsets.
And Fedora 9-Preview is running quite well in it, installed quit easy,
had to use "text mode" for installing .