Trying to install VMware-workstation on F9 Preview

Dejan Čabrilo dcabrilo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 08:15:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 23:56 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?

IIRC, kernel modules can't be built against linux kernel 2.6.25. There
are patches floating around, but I'm not sure which ones are current and
would work for you.

See, e.g. http://www.tfug.org/pipermail/tfug/2008-April/018337.html to
get you started.

Dejan
P.S. I gave up on vmware and I am now using VirtualBox (free, at least
as in beer, though it does contain some non-oss parts. iirc, it's
software that is installed onto the guest system that's tainting the
license, but I'm not sure) for my desktop virtualization needs. Search
the archives of this list for my message from April 16th to see how to
get it to work (should be much easier) — if you aren't tied too tight to
vmware.