no printing with gnome print dialog

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 09:57:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 17:22 -0400, Joe Smith wrote:
> If I try to print from Firefox (i.e. File > Print), or any other
> application that uses the new Gnome printer dialog (gedit, gimp), the
> "Print" button is disabled. If I select "Print to file", the "Print"
> button is enabled; switching back to an actual printer queue, it grays
> out again.

Your print server most likely has a more restrictive firewall than in
previous versions.  Enable "Network Printer (IPP)" using
System->Administration->Firewall.

> Is there something I can try to figure out why the print button isn't
> activated?

For any future printing problems you can try to use the trouble-shooter:
System->Administration->Printing, then select Help->Troubleshoot from
the menu bar.

Tim.
*/