Install additional software from Install Media

Quasar Jarosz quasar at ja.rosz.org
Thu Apr 24 14:07:55 UTC 2008

Hi:

I have been testing the current Fedora 9-Preview (released a few days
ago) and have run into what i thought would be a fairly trivial
problem. How do I install additional software from the install media
after installation? (this system has no internet connection).
I tried System->Administration->Software Sources, but all of the
sources listed there are internet addresses.

I looked in /etc/yum.repos.d and tried adding the media.repo file from
one of the install discs to that directory, which did make Fedora
9-Preview show up in the "Software Sources" application, but it does
not appear to actually be working.

Thanks!

Quasar Jarosz