Preview Release & NetworkManager

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 26 18:03:05 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008 17:18, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> I've no idea if this will work, but:
>
> Copy the /boot stuff (vmlinux, initrd, System.map and config) from the
> Live CD into your installed /boot. Also /lib/modules, same thing.
> Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to *add* (not replace) the Live CD version of
> the kernel as a boot-time option.
>
> Cross fingers and reboot, selecting the appropriate version.

Patrick, I'm close to calling quits.  I've fought this constantly for 10 days
now, and given it huge slices of  my time.  No-one has added any comment to
my bug report, so it's quite possible that there is no other example of this
PCMCIA adapter still being used in linux.  I have to wonder whether it's
worth knocking myself out any more.

Anne