User Agent Switcher for Konqueror and AdBlock filters in KDE 4.0.3

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 15:41:18 UTC 2008

Dear all,

In konqueror, I cannot use the User Agent Switcher.  I
can only enter
http

when I click on the ":",
it stops.  Good thing that Firefox allowed the use of
the Agent switcher, otherwise the feature would not be
available.  For a good period of time, the feature was
unavailable and I used Opera to do what I needed to do
with pages that did not allow firefox and konqueror to
work.
One of the pages used to work without the agent up
until the release of KDE 4.0.X.  When I visit the page
I see that the page does not work in "Netscape",
thinking that the browser is netscape.  In
firefox/seamonkey, I used the agent switcher and it
worked fine, but with the firefox beta series, the
agent was unavailable.

Also

I use AdBlock filters to block ads on yahoo while
checking mail,

Settings --> Configure Konqueror --> AdBlock filters

I had these pages blocked.

http://ad.yieldmanager.com/*
http://us.ard.yahoo.com/*
http://ads.yimg.com/*

This works in KDE 3.5.X, but not in KDE 4.0.3.  Is
there anything that can be done to make it work.  Or
am I just in the minority and leave the issue alone.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Antonio