Add/Remove Software

Joachim Frieben joachim.frieben at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:00:17 UTC 2008

> Pirut was supposed to remain in the repository for F9 as an alternative
> for this new POS interface, but "they" went ahead and obsoleted pirut
> and have now removed it from F9 completely.
>
> I don't know quite who "they" are, but I am quite angry about it.  Not
> to the extent of leaving (like ESR did) but still quite angry.
>
> Someone should explain why pirut is gone so completely.

It is still possible to grab pirut from koji or from a release which
included it, and it is also possible to install it in parallel without any
problem which is what I have done. It is a valuable peace of software, and I
have found the usual criticism unfounded or largely exaggerated. Thanks,
Jeremy! ~jf