Can't watch flash player output with firefox (F9-prev)

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 11:07:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:13:57 -0700, Francis Earl scripst:
> This was done for reasons related to SELinux best I can tell...
> (possibility to lock down npviewer.) I assume this is what you mean, as
> ndiswrapper isn't related. If you removed nspluginwrapper, reinstall it.

No, the most important reason is a protection against badly written binary-
only plugins. So, plugins are now out of the Firefox process, so when they
crash they don't take whole Firefox down as well. SELinux locking down was
only using the opportunity created for other reasons.

Matěj

--
The content of this message is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License, Some Rights Reserved.