F9beta update takes forever

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 28 11:49:11 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>

>> Thanks Will.
>> According to the second, it defaults to "all" which I think means
>> "worst" or "bloated":-)
>
> This was before the change has been made. The current default is best as
> Will Woods explained.

That is not the behaviour I saw.

>> Now, if someone could _document_ it. In the package, not some place in
>> the longlostweb..
>
> man yum.conf

So it is. I did look, quite hard, and didn't see it.

My failings (eg impending senility) aside, "multilib_policy" isn't
something that bears any similarity to "yum-basearchonly," the name of
the package it replaced, nor is it in any way self-explanatory to
ordinary users. I don't think many users will recognise it either.

I must confess, that apart from some explanatory text in the config file
(which, as one who upgraded I'd not have got) I'm short of good ideas on
how to make it grab users.

--

Cheers
John