After updates, won't boot past the word "grub" with F9

Christopher L Tubbs II ctubbsii at emich.edu
Wed Apr 30 17:22:21 UTC 2008

Joel Gomberg wrote:
> I'm experiencing the same issue on an F9 x86_64 updated system.  I
> booted with the rescue disk and everything GRUB-related looks fine.  I
> ran a memory test which also checked out.  I don't know what component
> to file a bug against, although my suspicion is that it's anaconda.  Any
> help would be appreciated.  The system stops at the word "GRUB" and
> allows no further input.
>
> --
> Joel

I used to have that problem when I used to install grub to MBR on dual
boot system, then deleted linux partitions. It seems grub can't find the
boot files (probably because of a partition issue). Can you boot with a
live CD and list your partitions? If the issue is not a partition issue,
you may have to reinstall grub. If you're on a dual boot system with
Windows, however, I wouldn't install it to MBR, I'd install it to a boot
partition, made active (bootable flag), and use standard Windows MBR.

Rainman