rawhide report: 20080802 changes

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 20:52:47 UTC 2008

> >> kernel-2.6.27-0.208.rc1.git2.fc10
> >> ---------------------------------
> >> * Fri Aug  1 18:00:00 2008 Dave Airlie
> >> <airlied at redhat.com>
> >> - Fix ppc build with drm changes
> >>
> >> * Fri Aug  1 18:00:00 2008 Dave Airlie
> >> <airlied at redhat.com>
> >> - Fix ppc build again with drm changes
> >>
> >> * Fri Aug  1 18:00:00 2008 Dave Airlie
> >> <airlied at redhat.com>
> >> - Add initial radeon kernel modesetting jumbo
> patch
> >>
> > Newer kernel 208 does not fare any better than 205
> one, cannot connect with it either :(
> >

> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/61860
> >

> >> xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.0.3-1.fc10
> >> -------------------------------
> >> * Fri Aug  1 18:00:00 2008 Peter Hutterer
> >> <peter.hutterer at redhat.com> 2.0.3-1
> >> - evdev 2.0.3
> >>

> >> xorg-x11-drv-nv-2.1.10-1.fc10
> >> -----------------------------
> >> * Fri Aug  1 18:00:00 2008 Adam Jackson
> >> <ajax at redhat.com> 2.1.10-1
> >> - nv 2.1.10
> >>

> > One of these or both break X, neither KDE nor GNOME
> wants to come up :(
> >
> > What should I do?
> >
> > I removed the 205 kernel, but still 208 kernel does
> the exact same thing and cannot connect.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Antonio
> >
> Have you tried reverting these packages to the previous
> versions?
>
> Also, if you boot to runlevel 3 (by removing 'rhgb
> quiet' and adding a
> 3 to the grub boot parameters), and you login, can you
> bring up the
> graphical UI by running 'startx'?
>
> tom
> --
> Tom London

That is what I do, I start X by typing startx from level 3.  It was working fine prior to these updates.

The 2.6.27* kernels 186,205 and now 208 are not working for me with the wireless internet USB modem that I have.  I run 2.6.26rc kernel and that is the only way I can get the updates.  I will try to find something relevant in Xorg logs and post back.  I type startx and X hangs and does not bring up either KDE or GNOME and CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE do not work and I have to manually powerdown the machien by pressing and holding power button :(

Thanks,

Antonio